Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jordan - Petra

Aqaba port in Jordan looking over to Israel
Amazing .....reminded me of the Grand Canyon....although I have never been there so I really have no idea!
Me in the scenery to make it more interesting for the poor folks subjected to my photos :)
Katie and Margaret
More of us in amazing shot
Not a scrap of film merchandise to be had in the shop
2 person ride into Petra, I did look longingly at them on our way out!!
On the way in still
Good to see them in Petra as well
The start of the Siq into Petra
It was wider in some parts than others
Holding the walls here too
Tried to show how high it was
More narrow in other bits, but the buggies could squeeze through
still not quite there but can see a glimpse of the Treasury
pretty impressive
Some of the hoards admiring it
Token pic
and another
and another.....lucky we had Dan to break up the monotony of Katie and I in the pics :)
Yep, we were in a few pics
la la la la
and so on and .....
me just in shot, so am putting it on here :)
Love the wide angle shots of me
Posing nicely
Think they had to climb for this one
me
Katie holding up Petra, we didn't want things falling down!
Katie and Dan being mountain goats for a good photo
Tourist police......felt like stealing a rock on the way out, just so I could get a lift
One of us .....
Arena that was fenced off .....no going near it
wall outside the arena
yep...Dan climbed the fence and went inside
my back
we climbed up to the ruins at the top
and Katie took a photo before her camera died......

No comments:

Post a Comment