Friday, July 22, 2011

London day 5

Very quick blog today......started today with a very small breakfast for Katie because yesterday's lurgy hadn't let her sleep very well and she was feeling very achy and ill :( 
As we were intending to go to the Tower we were up early and as we were going down in the lift I looked at her and decided that she looked not very well, so when I asked if she was ok, she answered no, so we went back to the room where she went back to bed for another few hours.......as I wasn't 100% I joined her in sympathy and laid down with her.
She finally woke up around 1 ish and by 3 felt that she might be able to do the London Eye after we had some food. The Eye was only about a 10 or so minute walk and after exchanging our tickets we were in the queue....I think we picked a good time as the queue kept moving and only spent about 10 mins in it. Katie did ask me how I was cause I do hate heights, but after the Burj and Masada I think I am getting better. I told her I just don't think about it, as in, I don't think about it falling, or a thunderstorm stranding us, or it breaking down etc etc etc!!
Luckily none of that happened and it wasn't as bad as I thought......except for one little bit going up where you see the rest of the wheel coming, but by the time we were at the top I happily put my head on the glass side and looked straight down. But if you really really really hate heights I wouldn't do it. I would do it again though so it can't be that bad :)
We walked back to the hotel after getting off with a quick stop for a photo shoot with Darth.......(and yes it did cost whatever coins I had, which wasn't much)
Hopefully with a good sleep and some panadol Katie will be better tomorrow, as we still have our Tower tickets and Lion King for tomorrow.....not sure if we'll get to the Dungeon (but better for her to be healthy for her next 4 months).

Big Ben and Houses of Parliament

us :)

Our turn on top

Darth, his dad lives in Adelaide...

2 comments:

  1. I hope Katie is getting better. If you don't get to do everything you'd planned this trip all the more reason to plan your return......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for continuing your blog in London, Helen.
    Where do you find the time? You were brave going on London Eye. I didn't and was sorry later.
    Hope you are both feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete