Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 22 Sea and Dubai

Arrived in Dubai around 7.30pm, it is very hot and hazy and
humid......funny that. Katie and 4 others have decided to go into Dubai
and check out the shops and the nightlife, they are all dressed
appropriately so should be fine,( there was an announcement or two about
how to dress and behave). Katie isn't actually the only one to leave the
ship, I'm sure quite a few others have as well, I how-ever shall wait
til tomorrow to check it all out. Spent most of the day being lazy, too
hot to swim so read and ate, did the usual morning quiz but Katie and I
both had a nap this afternoon so missed the arvo quiz. There are
approximately 250 passengers disembarking here in Dubai, their suitcases
are already out in the passageway to be taken off tonight ready for them
tomorrow. It will be Katie and I doing that in 30 odd days, a bit sad
thinking about it , but then good as I will be closer to seeing Scarlett
and the family.
We had the lunar eclipse last night here at around 10.30pm, I got bored
about half way through and went to bed (sorry Di). Katie did get to see
some shooting stars, I might try some star gazing in the next few weeks,
although the ship is lit up rather well at night.
So a very short report tonight wish I had something more exciting to
report................though it was Grant's birthday so I rang him and
spoke for 3 mins or $18! And I ironed for the first time today! And we
did some washing as well, didn't get any real goss in the laundry must
have been a quiet day.......although I did hear that someone from the
Taj overland tour didn't pay their mini bar bill and refused to pay it,
so their bus was late and the guide had to pay the bill (believe it or
not)..................

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog.

    Hope you enjoy your visit to Dubai.

    It will be interesting to see how the cruise dynamics change, with 250 passengers disembarking and new passengers embarking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am disappointed in your stargazing efforts to date. My trips to the northern hemisphere have always been to cities where the light pollution prevented me from seeing all but the brightest stars and planets. I hope you can spend some time in the desert away from the lights of the cities and the ship so you can give me a description of seeing Orion's belt upside down (aka The Saucepan).
    Enjoy Dubai! We are taking your car on a trip to Middle Head today with three passengers in the back seat whose combined ages total over 265. Hope they are all wearing their (new) hearing aids. I spoke to Grant too and have decided to now call him Silver2.

    ReplyDelete