Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 15 and 16 Sea

Oops, missed a day........as usual had 2 lovely days at sea, I have come
to realise a couple of things :- I love sea days, I love sitting on our
balcony just watching the ocean but some-times think I should be doing
something more active and involved, but come to the conclusion that I
am doing something ( I am relaxing!), I love reading the kindle on the
pool deck or balcony or bed, I love swimming in the pool ( and yesterday
was extra fun because the water was just like a wave pool because the
boat was rocking) , in fact there isn't anything I (or Katie) don't love
so far......well maybe negative and racist people.
This morning I was sitting on the balcony early, letting Katie sleep ,
when I kept seeing (apart from the Sri Lankan coastline in the far
distance) the odd puff of water, like surf breaking or wisps of smoke.
It wasn't until about the 10th one did it dawn on me that it was whales
breathing out plumes of water. I then had to open the noisy balcony
door to fetch the binoculars, and of course woke Katie, I told her I
thought I could see whales, so she asked me to get her up if I was
sure........well I wasn't sure but kept watching them for another 30
mins or so, I did see the occasional dark shape but none broke the water
to convince me that it was really whales . During the day other folks
would say "did you see the whales?" and most only glimpsed what I did
which was a lot of plumes but no bodies. Next time I'll get Katie up :)
Tonight we went to the MDR and had the funniest dinner which culminated
with our waiter giving us the plates in the following photos. He usually
brings extra dessert when one of the 6 of us doesn't want dessert or
will give 2 desserts to someone, well tonight Katie and I replied to his
question of "what would like ?" with "I'm ok and I'm fine thanks", so
after he had given the other 4 their desserts, he put these plates in
front of us. It capped off an hilarious dinner.
Katie is off playing cards with Dan and maybe some others if they can
find them but it won't be a late night (time will tell) because we have
Cochin (India) tomorrow..........
Katie taking a photo of us on formal night


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the whales were relaxing too. "Will we breach? Nah, can't be bothered, we're just swimming here in the Bay relaxing and spraying our plumes slowly....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I are following you blog from Memphis, Tennessee, USA and loving every minute of it! You two girls really seem like wonderful people who are getting the most out of the experience. I couldn't help but chuckle when you brought up "negative people" (and racist, ick!). We have been on more than 10 cruises and have always been amazed that we find a few negative-nellies on each ship. My worst day on a cruise ship is still better than most days on land! You seem to have the perfect attitude, I hope if we ever get the chance to take a world cruise there will be people like you on the ship. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen here, thanks for the comments, appreciate them all. Still not staying logged in as me when I view the blog to comment... who knows why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see that you are enjoying the rhythm of relaxing sea days.
    Think you were smart not to wake Katie up to see the odd puff of water. If she is like my daughters,a whale breaching would be the minimum requirement worth waking up for!
    Loved the plates!

    ReplyDelete