Monday, May 16, 2011

Time

My countdown clock tells me I now have 8 days and 21 hours to go. It is counting down to midnight so I guess I actually have a few more hours up my sleeve before we actually sail. Then again I will probably be awake from midnight in anticipation.
On Saturday (21st) it will be 4 years since Chris died, and then 4 days from then til we go. Four years ago I never would have dreamed I would be going on this cruise.
 When I first saw Princess World Cruises advertised 3 years ago, I always thought that one day I would love to do that. (don't we all dream of doing things) So about 18 months ago I started to seriously think about it, with the motto,  that you really don't know what the future holds so best to make the future the present. When I had finally made my mind up to do the trip in 2011 I was going to do it solo because I thought I may never get a chance to do this again and even though I am  introverted and going alone was a scary thought,  many of the ports included were ones I really wanted to see, so I bit the bullet and told Katie I was going to do it. She being rather cluey noticed that the price for one is the same as for two, so she gets to come along for the ride. Which is rather special having my daughter along to share the experiences. Although missing my first granddaughter's 2 months of life kind of sucks.
 Some of the places we will be visiting were places that Chris and I had dreamed of visiting once we retired. Except it wouldn't have been via a cruise cause Chris never liked the thought of being stuck on a ship for days on end. Think his visions were of The Love Boat ! So even though I'm not retired and won't be with Chris I will be seeing some amazing things and I am very very excited.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen - it is great that you are joining the cruise and that Katie is able to come with you - you are so right - we never know what is around the corner - so it is important to just 'seize the day' and go with it. This cruise is sure to be full of amazing places and experiences - bring it on!! Can't wait to meet you both at the M and G. Cheers Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick up a little toy or something from each of the ports you visit during those two months ... then, when she is at an age to understand, you can have a terrific time talking about those ports with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely idea about the toys, it can be my excuse for spoiling her. (Though just before any other grandchildren are due, I'll have to go on other cruises !! To get them presents, ha ha.)

    And Ros, not long now til the M and G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. helen... thanks to cruise critic you will never be solo on this cruise LOL....have you tried the castor oil....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She did actually threaten to use it herself, but I figured she'd never smelt the stuff because the smell is enough to send you into labour ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about missing Scarlett's first 60 odd days, you will have many more with her. Just enjoy every moment on this trip as it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete