Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 5 sea

Today was actually a quiet day, we played morning trivia then went up
for a swim, Katie was the ref for the now daily volleyball game as she
says she sucks at playing it. She stood on the side of the pool with her
black hat on and black and white bikini so she at least had referee
colours on! After lunch I did my mile of the promenade deck while Katie
came and read in the room. Then we had a small afternoon snack and went
up to have a game of shuffle board but alas it was taken, so I threw a
few baskets on the basketball court, lucky no-one was there to watch my
technique! While we were waiting for the afternoon trivia we sat on the
deckchairs and discovered a lovely thing........around 4pm on the open
deck they bring around milk and cookies. Yep yummy big soft biscuits and
cold milk, this is the first time we had been there at that time but now
thinking we might manage to be up there around that time on other days
too! After the trivia we came back to the room for a lie down, Katie
napped and I read. As we had some time before dinner we decided to
venture to the gym, Katie wanted to walk on a treadmill as the promenade
deck walking isn't for her especially when walking with the sea. She is
ok "against" the waves but not so much going with the flow! Luckily or
in my case unluckily there were 2 treadmills available so off we went, I
lasted 20 mins and I made sure I was going .2 faster than the two 80
years old either side of me! I got off after the 20 mins and weighed
myself and Katie did the same after her 50 mins. We felt so good about
not putting on any weight as yet that we ate dessert at dinner. We do
that every night but felt less guilty tonight :) Think I'll do a
weigh-in every few days because all the wonderful food is sure to catch
up sooner rather than later.........

Me standing on glass with the ocean 85ft below


Katie and I with Captain Todd McBain


Me , yes in a dress I actually have legs!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment